Monday, January 16, 2006

My Voice (English 305 Paper #1)

My voice is the loner, the soul who never feels at home, so he carries it on his back. The young boy enchanted by stumbling across world war 2 bunkers in the hills of Athens. The older boy proud of an abusive Special Forces father. The angry, offensive, young Atheist who hated God, but ended up falling in love with a man he never saw walk the Earth. A young man transformed. It is the voice of the rabid Catholic who traveled at the beck and call of his master to the fields of Kansas, the barrens of west Texas, the inner cities of Compton, Inglewood, and Gary, the freeze of Michigan and Minnesota, the spice of Louisiana and the quite of San Antonio. Of a 25 year old humbled by age, and wizened by grace. My voice is that of a man willing to risk it all for love, even the pain of opening my heart to another. My voice is the romantic who wrote horrible poetry in High School, My voice is the lover.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home